Zesty Lime Quinoa Salad – healthy and refreshing zesty salad with quinoa, vegetables and spices, just perfect for these hot summer days. It can be a part of your menu, or a separate meal, as you like it ♥
My family, friends and I enjoy this salad and its unique refreshing zesty taste. Zesty Lime Quinoa Salad is really special. Quinoa is a grain, popular worldwide and with a good reason.
It is, also called the gold of the Incas and is rich in proteins, fibers and magnesium, iron vitamin B… It is gluten free and doesn‘t have any specific taste. Quinoa is perfect keto choice for vegetarians being rich in proteins 🙂
Be creative and make your own perfect combination, using the ingredients you can find in the fridge. Try out this recipe, to start with and you can alter it later, according to your needs and taste. A combination of proteins from quinoa and vitamins and minerals from fruit and vegetables make this salad a complete meal ♥
There is also, lime, cumin, pepper, Worcester sauce and black pepper…. then there is also beans, cherry tomato, pepper, avocado and green onions. If you are a salad fan, check out the most popular salad recipes on our blog Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad and Strawberry Spinach Almond Salad. If you haven‘t tried quinoa yet, this salad will make you love It., I’m sure. Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and finally chopped
- 1 avocado, cored and diced
- 4 green onions, finally chopped
- 1 (15 ounces) can black or red beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra - virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Few drops (about 1/8 tsp) Worcesters sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Put quinoa and a teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, medium heat, until a specific smell appears.
- Add warm water, reduce heat to minimum, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large dish, combine chopped green onions, cherry tomato, avocado, pepper, beans and cooled quinoa.
- In a small dish mix olive oil, lime juice, cumin, Worcester sauce, salt and paprika , then pour it over quinoa mixture and stir well. Season with black pepper.
- Put some chopped parsley over it and decorate.
- It can be chilled before serving.