Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake is definitely one of my favorite cakes and it has a special place in my cookbook. There is a special place for a special cake ♥
You can prepare this treat for no reason, whatsoever, but it is also perfect for Easter or Mother‘s Day. This refreshing spring-summer cake with fresh strawberries and cream cheese is so easy to prepare.
Besides strawberries and cream cheese, you will need standard ingredients like eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla extract… I also added some Greek yogurt, for a special taste and some corn starch, because it makes structure finer 🙂
This a cake that everybody likes. It is delicious and very easy to make. Strawberries are my favorite fruit. I like to eat them fresh, I like to drink strawberry juice or smoothie and let‘s not forget strawberry ice cream and, of course –cakes.
I like simple cakes, that don‘t take too much time to prepare, light and easy to digest. Check out the most popular strawberry recipes on our blog – No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake and Strawberry Blueberry Icebox Cake. I first tried Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese cake at my friend‘s and loved it immediately ♥
Since then it has been on my menu regularly, every spring – summer. I`ve made some changes and made this cake just the way we like it. This delicious cake is easy to make. It does not take much time, all you need are all the ingredients and the cake will soon be there. Enjoy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup + ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2½ cup strawberries, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour 9 inch spring form pan or use cooking spray, instead. Leave aside.
- In medium dish combine flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Leave aside.
- In a large dish, mix cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about a minute.
- Add ¾ cup sugar and mix some more, until it is light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and continue to mix, slowly adding dry ingredients.
- Mix some more until you get fine dough. Take some strawberries and leave them aside for decoration.
- Add the rest of strawberries in the dough and mix well. Spread evenly in the spring form pan.
- Place strawberries that you left aside, on the top and sprinkle ¼ cup of sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry or with a few crumbs.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the springform pan for a few minutes.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack to cool down completely.