Christmas Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are perfect for the upcoming holiday – Christmas, especially for those who like sugar cookies on their Christmas plates. ♥
Even the very thought of Christmas makes me smile. While writing this I am imagining a plate full of colorful Christmas cookies, sparkling Christmas tree and warm home atmosphere with my family.
My son keeps asking me: “Mom is Christmas coming soon? Have I been a good boy? Am I going to get a present from Santa?” I love holidays, especially Christmas, because of the idyllic winter atmosphere. 🙂
I enjoy decorating my home and Christmas tree, holiday shopping and preparing gifts. I love holiday euphoria. On Christmas Eve we try out Christmas cookies. I like my plate to be full of different cookies, sugar ones, as well. I‘ve chosen sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting, decorated for the occasion. ♥
They are easy to prepare and they simply melt in your mouth. I especially like decorating them, that‘s my favorite part. You need some basic ingredients, some decorating and a lot of good will to make Christmas Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese frosting and your Christmas plate will be complete. 🙂
Here are some more suggestions how to sweeten your Christmas and decorate your dinner table with a plate full of various cookies. For chocolate fans, I suggest Double Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies and Christmas Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. If you prefer truffles, check out Peanut Butter Chocolate Acorn Truffles and Caramel Pecan Truffles.
Cookies that are decorated in the Christmas spirit would be Holiday Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies and Holiday Red Velvet Kiss Cookies. Sweet, sweeter, the sweetest sugar cookies have already been tried out.
We are waiting for Christmas to prepare them again. I can hardly wait… Put them in a nicely decorated box and they will be a present for your loved ones. Merry Christmas!
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cup powdered sugar
- red food coloring - optional
- green food coloring - optional
- sprinkle - optional
- TO PREPARE COOKIES:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large dish combine flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate dish put butter and sugar and mix well using electric mixer, medium speed, until it gets light and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Continue mixing slowly adding dry ingredients. The dough will be crumbly. Knead it well with your hands. Put some flour on the table and place the dough on it.
- Roll the dough up to ¼ inch thick. Cut it in round shapes. I used a glass 2.4 inch in diameter. Place the cookies in the baking sheets.
- They should be 2 inches apart. Put them in the oven and bake for 8-9 min. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
- In medium dish mix butter, cream cheese and vanilla, with a hand mixer, medium speed. Add powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 3 bowls. Add red food color in the first one, slowly, until you get the shade that you like. Put green in the second bowl, and leave the third one white.
- Spread the filling evenly on the cooled cookies and sprinkle with crumbs.