Hooray, the pumpkin mania has begun! I can hardly wait to try all those tasty dishes and desserts made of it. This year‘s season in my family, was opened by Pumpkin Chocolate Cups recipe, perfect for Halloween or Thanksgiving Day or any other special occasion.
Such a great start! Pumpkin with a touch of cinnamon and graham crackers coated in chocolate. Yummy… Pumpkin – fall queen is smiling at us from the supermarkets and markets. Its orange color and amazing taste make it one of the most desirable groceries.
One of the reasons we all like fall has, definitely, to do with pumpkin and all the tasty dishes and desserts we make with it. Make the gloomy days of fall go away with pumpkin specialties enriched with wonderful spices and enjoy…
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup graham crackers crumb
- 7 ounces chocolate (with 50% cocoa)
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium size bowl mix butter and powdered sugar manually. Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract and ginger. Add crumbled graham crackers and stir well until combined.
- Leave in a fridge to cool for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and put a teaspoon of it in every cup, evenly, to cover the bottom part of it. Leave the cups in the fridge to cool for 2-3 minutes, until the chocolate becomes solid.
- Take the pumpkin mixture out of the fridge and put about one table spoon of it into every cup, to cover the chocolate.
- Finally, put the rest of melted chocolate in every cup.
- To decorate with, mix sugar with a few drops of orange color and spray over the cups.
Leave in a fridge too cool for a few hours.