Impress your friends and family with this tasty and delicious dessert recipe – Caramel Apple Crisp. The Best Caramel Apple Crisp Ever really deserves this name.
Some of this warm Caramel Apple Crisp is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. My love for fruit begins early from my childhood and my mom`s kitchen, so it was not so difficult to go step forward in my kitchen adventures..Caramel Apple Crisp is one of those recipes that you probably have at your hand. It was always one of my favorite desserts recipes, together with most popular dessert recipes on our blog Caramel Pretzel Cheesecake Ice Cream and Caramel Apple Chimichangas.
Soft baked apples with the most delicious oat/crumb topping, with a dash of lemon juice. So easy to make and so hard not to eat the whole thing in one setting. Yum 🙂
- APPLE FILLING
- 3 apples - peeled and sliced (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp milk or water
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- CRISP TOPPING
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM (VANILLA ICE CREAM) AND CARAMEL SAUCE
- APPLE FILLING:
- Pour milk or water, lemon juice, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, brown sugar, pinch of salt, flour and butter in a medium bowl. Stir until it becomes smooth. Set aside.
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Place the apples in an 8x8 inch baking dish, coat them in the apple filling. Leave aside.
- Mix flour, rolled oats, baking powder, pinch of salt, ground cinnamon and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add chopped butter and stir well until it resembles small crumbs.
- Coat evenly the apples with the resulting mixture.
- Bake at 375F, for 25-30 minutes.