If you like chocolate, pecans and caramel sauce, I have a special recipe for you Caramel Pecan Truffles. Do you like the smell of baked pecans.
I am baking them right now, because I am planning to make a special dessert, we all like. A special dessert, for special occasions, like Thanksgiving Day, for example.
Caramel Pecan Truffles are delicious balls of pecans, graham crackers and caramel sauce, covered with chocolate. Yummy. These perfect bites simply melt in your mouth 🙂
I adore Caramel Pecan Truffles because they are easy to make, they look great, and taste even better. As usual, I have my little helper – my son is always by my side.
We mix ingredients together; he makes the truffles (with my help, of course). He likes to help me in the kitchen and we usually make chocolate sweets.
He always patently waits for the chocolate leftovers, because he is a true fan. I do the coating of the balls and he covers them with chopped pecans and says that they look fantastic.
He is always so proud when we finish, and so am I. Caramel Pecan Truffles can be stored in a fridge or a freezer.
If you like chocolate, check out my popular recipes on the blog Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies and No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake.
If you like pecans, try some of these: Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chip and Pecans.
If you have no idea what to prepare for Thanksgiving, here is an idea: No Bake Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake and Pumpkin Walnut Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Caramel Pecan Truffles are finished; we are waiting for my husband to come home from work and to enjoy eating them, together. Enjoy!
Caramel Pecan Truffles
If you like chocolate, pecans and caramel sauce, I have a special recipe for you - Caramel Pecan Truffles. Do you like the smell of baked pecans?
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/8 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chip
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put chopped pecans and bake for 4- 5 minutes, until fragrant. Leave them aside, to cool.
- In a medium dish, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Add light brown sugar, salt, caramel topping and cooled pecans and mix until well combined.
- Put parchment paper in a baking sheet. Make balls - 1 tablespoon – 1 ball.
- Place the balls on the parchment paper. Chill for about 30 min.
- Melt chocolate and put it in a small deep bowl. Add oil and stir. Take the balls and coat them in the melted chocolate, using a fork.
- Take the balls out with a fork and wait for a couple of seconds for the extra chocolate to drain.
- You should be quick, if you want the truffles to keep their shape.
- Take the balls off the fork using a smaller knife or a toothpick and place them back on the parchment paper.
- Quickly sprinkle with pecans. Repeat with remaining truffles. Put them in the freezer for 10 - 15 min, until the chocolate sets.
They can be served immediately or kept in a well sealed container, in the fridge no longer than 7 days, or in the freezer up to 2 weeks
Nutrition Information:Yield: 26 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Monday 20th of December 2021
Seems like I'm the only one who's had issues. Tried making balls keep having to put in freezer. I haven't even got to dipping yet .
Thursday 23rd of December 2021
Place the balls on the parchment paper. Chill for about 30 min. Melt chocolate and put it in a small deep bowl. Add oil and stir. Take the balls and coat them in the melted chocolate, using a fork. Take the balls out with a fork and wait for a couple of seconds for the extra chocolate to drain. You should be quick, if you want the truffles to keep their shape.
Thursday 26th of August 2021
Hi I love this recipe and can't wait to try it. What is the purpose if putting the oil in the chocolate? Also is the chocolate used chocolate chips?
Friday 27th of August 2021
It helps the chocolate melt more smoothly and makes it the perfect consistency for dipping. Yes, I used semi sweet chocolate chips.
30+ Quick and Easy No-Bake Christmas Treats to Make This Year
Tuesday 25th of September 2018
[…] 11. Caramel Pecan Truffles from Sweet Spicy Kitchen […]
Sunday 13th of May 2018
I'm making these for my mom for mothers day and I'm sure they will come out great I love this recipe thanks.
Monday 14th of May 2018
Glad to hear that Lamia. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy! Regards, Dragana
Wednesday 22nd of November 2017
These delectable truffles were a hit. I made them for an office competition and won 3rd place! I just finished making a new batch for Thanksgiving and added a little bourbon!
Wednesday 22nd of November 2017
Great Felicia, happy to hear that :-) Regards, Dragana