Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins – moist and soft banana muffins, filled with cheesecake, topped with buttery brown sugar crumble streusel are so easy to make and their taste is incredible. This is one of those recipes that take a special place in my cook book.
Since my son loves Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins, I often prepare them. However, I have to admit that I love them too, so it´s not difficult to convince me to make them again and again… All banana fans will love this top treat.
It is also a great way to use overripe bananas and enjoy their taste. This recipe requires all the basic ingredients, it´s so easy to make and the taste is incredible… so what are we waiting for? Let´s get busy and start preparing this amazing dessert.
What is necessary to prepare Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins?
- Ripe bananas
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese
How to prepare Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins?
Start by putting all the ingredients for streusel topping in a medium dish. Then, using a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture forms coarse crumbs and leave it in the fridge. Next, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mash bananas in a separate dish, and then add melted butter, egg, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract and beat, at medium speed until it is all well combined.
Then, add dry ingredients and beat some more, until it is smooth. Set it aside. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and flour at medium speed until it gets creamy. After you’ve finished mixing the ingredients, place paper liners in a muffin tin and pour 1 tablespoons of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Then, pour 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mixture over the top, cover with the remaining banana bread muffin batter and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake the muffins at 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until the toothpick stuck in the center comes out dry. When the muffins are baked, you should take them out of the oven and leave them for a few minutes in a muffin tin to cool and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is what preparing Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins looks like. You can find more detailed recipe with the list of all the ingredients with amounts at the bottom of the post.
If you like banana treats; you can find some more interesting recipes – CHEESECAKE BANANA BREAD CRUMB CAKES and CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER BANANA ROLL UPS. All muffin fans please check out these recipes – MUFFINS.
I love banana treats, cheesecake and muffins, so Cheesecake Banana Bread Muffins are just my thing! Why don’t you try them out and enjoy their amazing taste.
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted butter cold, cut into cubes
- BANANA BREAD BATTER
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 3 Large ripe bananas
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 6 ounces Cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Begin by preheating the oven at 350 F. Then line muffin tin with paper liners and set it aside.
- To prepare STREUSEL TOPPING you need to put streusel topping ingredients in a medium dish. Then, using a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour and sugar until the mixture forms coarse crumbs and leave it in the fridge.
- To make the BANANA BREAD BATTER you should use a medium dish to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and to set it aside.
- Meanwhile, in a separate dish mash the bananas, add melted butter, egg, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract and beat, at medium speed until it is all well combined. Then, add dry ingredients and beat until it is smooth. Set it aside.
- To prepare CHEESECAKE FILLING, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and flour at a medium speed, until it´s creamy.
- Pour 1 tablespoons of banana bread batter into the bottom of each muffin tin, then pour 1 tablespoon of cheesecake mixture over the top.
- FINALLY, cover the cheesecake batter with the remaining banana bread batter and sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for about 30 min or until the toothpick stuck in the center comes out dry.
When the muffins are baked, you should take them out of the oven and Leave them for a few minutes in a muffin tin to cool and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 6g