This is a recipe for cookies ideal for the holidays to come, like Christmas, New Year‘s Eve or Valentine’s Day. Holiday Red Velvet Kiss Cookies are delicious cookies made with Cookies ’n Cream Hershey’s Kisses ♥
Can you imagine Christmas and New Year holidays without some cookies? There are so many wonderful recipes for this occasion; Holiday Red Velvet Kiss Cookies are only one of them.
They are very easy to prepare, they look great and taste even better. I used Cookies ’n Cream Hershey’s Kisses, you can choose some other, if you like, or make a combination of more tastes 🙂
Holiday Red Velvet Kiss Cookies are great for Valentine‘s Day and for all those who want to surprise their loved ones and sweeten this special day. I love to make cookies. I enjoy every step of the preparation and finally to enjoy their taste with the people I love ♥
There is always a plate with cookies in my home. They give some special warmth and charm. If you are planning to make cookies for the upcoming holidays, I have a few suggestions for you. My personal favorite and the most popular post on the blog are Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies that can be a part of your holiday meal.
For Christmas and New Year, I suggest Holiday Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies and Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Valentine‘s Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day. Holiday Red Velvet Kiss Cookies are ready. I am expecting some company and it is going to be a surprise for them.
I love holidays and the holiday atmosphere. I enjoy spending time with my loved ones, good food and parties. That‘s why I‘m always trying to plan everything well in advance, even the smallest details. Enjoy the upcoming holidays ♥
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon heavy Cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoon red food coloring
- 22 Cookies ’n Cream Hershey’s Kisses, frozen
- In a large dish combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate dish, mix butter using electric mixer, medium speed, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add light brown and granulated sugar, and then mix for 1 minute, medium speed, then at maximum speed for about 2 minutes, until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add an egg, heavy cream, vanilla and red color and mix until well combined.
- Finally, add dry ingredients and mix until you get fine dough. Cover with plastic foil and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and make balls with 1½ tablespoons of dough.
- There should be around 22 cookies. Put them in the baking sheets. The cookies should be minimum 1.75 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Take them out of the oven and immediately put Hershey’s kisses, by pressing them on the top of the cookies.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.