Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert – Oreo layer, mint chocolate chips filling, all topped with Oreo crumbs make this dessert amazing. This frozen, refreshing mint dessert is so easy to prepare. All you need to make this delicious treat are a couple of simple ingredients and some free time.
I love this dessert because it´s so quick and easy to make and I can enjoy it for days, since it´s stored in the freezer. I like mint, as much as frozen desserts, so Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert is a winning combination for me.
What do you need to prepare Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert?
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Semi sweet mini Chocolate chips
How to prepare Mint Chocolate Chip Frozen Dessert?
Start by putting Oreo cookies in the food processor, pulsing until you get crumbs. Then, combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter and then press 1/2 of the mixture at the bottom of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch square pan. Save the rest of the mixture, for later. Next, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until it becomes smooth and then add heavy whipping cream, mint extract and green food coloring and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
Add sweetened condensed milk and beat some more, until it combines, then fold in chocolate chips. Spread the mixture over the Oreo layer and sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumbs. The dessert should be left in the freezer for at least 6h, and then taken out 20 min before serving.
WELL, THIS WAS JUST A SHORT VERSION OF THE RECIPE THAT YOU CAN FIND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST, ALONG WITH THE QUANTITIES OF THE NECESSARY INGREDIENTS.
As I’ve already mentioned, this frozen, minty dessert is so quick and easy to prepare and its taste is amazing. If you like minty taste, please check out some popular mint recipes on our blog – MINT CHOCOLATE LASAGNA and EASY NO BAKE OREO MINT CHEESECAKE.
Or, if you prefer frozen desserts, take a look at FROZEN DESSERTS. Well, since summer is finally here, enjoy the sunny weather with a little help from this refreshing frozen treat!
- 32 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Mint extract
- 5-6 drops Green food coloring
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- If you want to prepare Oreo layer and topping, start by spraying an 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 9 inch square pan with non stick spray and then set it aside.
- Next, put Oreo cookies in the food processor and pulse until you get crumbs. Use a medium dish, to combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter then press 1/2 of the mixture at the bottom of an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch square pan. Save the remaining crumbs for later.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until it gets smooth, then add heavy whipping cream, mint extract and green food coloring and beat some more, until stiff peaks form.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating until it´s well combined then fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture over the Oreo layer and sprinkle with the remaining Oreo crumbs.
This dessert should be stored in the freezer for at least 6 hours and taken out 20 min before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 143mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g