Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert – this refreshing dessert with Golden Oreo cookies crust, frozen creamy lemon filling, topped with Golden Oreo crumbs is so quick and easy to prepare. It’s a very simple dessert with refreshing lemon flavor.
Do you like lemon desserts? What is your favorite one? Have you ever tried something like Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert? There are many recipes for frozen desserts on my blog and they are very popular. Some of the most popular are >> EASY FROZEN STRAWBERRY DESSERT and EASY FROZEN OREO DESSERT and here you can find all of them >> FROZEN DESSERTS.
I was thinking about what to prepare next and Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert was my choice. Spring is just perfect for refreshing desserts, not to mention summer time which is slowly coming, when we enjoy them even more. I make frozen desserts all year long, regardless of season, only changing the flavors.
Easter is coming and you’re probably wondering what to prepare. If you are looking for a new dessert which is quick and easy to make, Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert will be perfect. It can be prepared a few days earlier and kept in the freezer. If you take it out 20 – 30 minutes before serving and cut it into squares of the size you prefer, they will surely be a huge success.
Which ingredients are necessary to make an Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert?
- Golden Oreo cookies – crumbled and used for crust and the top of the dessert
- Unsalted butter – melted and used for the crust and the top of the dessert
For filling you will need:
- Powdered sugar
- Cream cheese, regular, softened at a room temperature. Light cream cheese can be used instead.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh lemon juice
- Yellow Food coloring.
How to make an Easy Frozen Lemon dessert?
Since it’s so quick and easy, this dessert can be prepared by those without much experience in making desserts. Start by making the crust – crumble Oreo cookies and mix them with melted butter. Use a fork to do it and keep mixing until the crumbs soak the butter. Next, take a 3/4 of a cup and set aside. The rest of the mixture should be placed on the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
To prepare the filling – beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, then add lemon juice and beat some more until it’s combined. Next, fold in heavy whipping cream and beat until it thickens. Finally, add sweetened condensed milk and mix it until it becomes smooth and creamy. You can add a few drops of yellow color and mix it well. Then, pour the filling over the Oreo crust and spread evenly. Top with the remaining Oreo crumbs. Wrap it and put in the freezer overnight. As you can see – so quick, easy and very delicious.
Tips and tricks:
Spray a pan with non-stick spray and your dessert won’t get stuck to the pan. This will help you take the dessert out of the pan.
Whipping cream needs to be cold and then you can beat it well.
Make sure to take the dessert out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving , so that it can soften. This will help you with cutting it more easily. After serving, wrap the leftover dessert and put it back into the freezer.
You can make Oreo crumbs by putting Oreo cookies into a large zip lock bag and then rolling it with a rolling pin over the bag, until you get the crumbs of the preferable size.
If you like lemon, take a look at >> LEMON CHEESECAKE LASAGNA. Easter recipes can be found here >> EASTER RECIPES. Spring is here, sunny days are coming and the yellow color of this dessert makes us think about lovely weather and helps us feel better. It takes little time to make an Easy Frozen Lemon Dessert and treat yourself and your loved ones!
- 30 Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 6 oz Cream cheese, softened at a room temperature
- 2 tablespoon Powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 can 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream, cold
- Yellow food coloring
- To make Golden Oreo crust - start by spraying a 9x9 inch pan with non-stick spray. Set it aside.
- Put Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs.
- Put crumbs in a medium sized dish, then add melted butter and mix with a fork until the crumbs soak the butter. Take 3/4 of a cup of crumbs and set aside. The rest of the mixture should be placed on the bottom of a pan that has already been prepared. You can use some solid object like a measuring cup to make an even and solid layer.
- To make lemon filling - In a large dish, beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, at medium speed, until it’s smooth.
- Next, add lemon juice and beat some more, until it’s combined.
- Then fold in heavy whipping cream and beat at low, then high speed until it thickens.
- Finally, add sweetened condensed milk and beat again, until it’s smooth and creamy. You can add a few drops of yellow color in the end, gradually, until you get the desired color.
- Spread the filling evenly over the Oreo crust and top with the remaining Oreo crumbs. Wrap it and put in the freezer overnight.
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray and your dessert won’t get stuck to the pan. This will help you take the dessert out of the pan.
- Whipping cream needs to be cold and then you can beat it well.
- Make sure to take the dessert out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving , so that it can soften. This will help you with cutting it more easily.
- After serving, wrap the leftover dessert and put it back into the freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g