Chocolate Mousse Cake – a chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse will be loved by all chocolate fans. My son is one of them and this cake has been made especially for him ♥
He adores Chocolate Mousse Cake and so do I and my husband so we enjoy its totally chocolate taste, together. Chocolate Mousse Cake melts in your mouth; it has a rich chocolate mousse filling with a layer of chocolate ganache on the top.
I love making this cake. Whenever it comes to making something chocolate, my son is there to help me. Chocolate Mousse Cake is easy to prepare, but if you have some help, it is even easier. We made it really fast 🙂
When it was baked and left to cool, we made chocolate mousse. I love chocolate mousse and all creamy desserts and so does my husband, but with some cherries or cherry pie filling. You can add cherries into mousse, or a layer of cherry pie filling can be put on the chocolate mousse and you will have a perfect chocolate mousse cake with cherries.
When the cake is finished, then comes the best part- chocolate ganache and decorating. Then, the cake is finished. While it was cooling in the fridge, my son just could not wait to try it. With his first bite we could see how much he loved it.
All three of us enjoyed the taste of this perfect crème cake. If you are a chocolate fan, try No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake and No Bake Layered Chocolate Mini Cheesecake. If you are looking for a perfect chocolate cake for special occasions, Chocolate Mousse Cake is the right choice. Enjoy it!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup + 1tbsp Milk
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, finally chopped
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, finally chopped
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- CHOCOLATE BARK TO DECORATE
- 3.5-4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate, finally chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line 3 spring forms or 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium dish, combine flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large dish, put butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix until it gets light and fluffy, using medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, vanilla extract and milk and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until well combined, using the minimum speed.
- Divide it into 3 cake pans, already prepared. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the toothpick comes out dry or with a few crumbs on it.
- Take out of the oven and leave in the cake pan to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE – melt the chocolate, following the instructions given on the package and set aside. In a large bowl, mix heavy cream, with an electric mixer, at minimum speed, for about a minute, then mix some more, 3-4 minutes, at maximum speed, until it gets solid. Add vanilla, sugar and melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE - Put heavy cream in the pan, on medium heat, and then remove from heat, before it comes to boil. Add chopped chocolate and cover it. Leave for 3 minutes for chocolate to melt and then mix all the ingredients until well combined and you get a fine chocolate ganache. .
- CHOCOLATE BARK TO DECORATE – melt chocolate following the instructions given on the package and put it on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the chocolate so to get a very thin layer, of about 0.08 inch. Put it in the fridge until firm for about 15 minutes. Take out of the fridge and cut into pieces, with a knife.
- TO ASSEMBLE - Put parchment paper on the plate. Place 1 cake and spread evenly ⅓ of chocolate mousse. Repeat the same two more times and finally cover the whole cake with chocolate mousse. Spread chocolate ganache evenly on top of the cake. Decorate the sides of the cake with chocolate bark.
- Cake should be made first, and then chocolate mousse.
- Finally make chocolate ganache and chocolate for decoration.