Special dessert for special occasions – Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This fantastic cake is perfect for Easter or some other festival. My family and I love Carrot Cake and it is traditionally part of our Easter menu ♥
I enjoy the holiday euphoria. I like making holiday desserts as well as decorating them. I also decorate my home and prepare gifts for my loved ones, with great care. Everything is about the holiday these days. I am sure you are making plans for Easter yourselves.
Enrich your Easter feast with this amazing treat – Carrot Cake. Check out Easter Shortbread Cookies and No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake on our blog that can also become part of your Easter menu. Carrot Cake is easy to make, it looks good and tastes even better.
Make sure to drain well pineapple, so that the cake turns out OK. Even my son, who loves chocolate desserts, likes Carrot cake. It is made of carrots, pineapple, pecans, with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Frosting is made of cream cheese, butter and heavy cream with vanilla flavor. Mmmmmmm just perfect. I love this combination. Enjoy the holiday!
- CARROT CAKE
- 2 1/2 cup fresh carrots, finely grated
- 1/4 cup crusted fresh pineapple, liquid drained
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1/2 ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pecan for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 3 round, 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper and coat with butter. Baking spray can also be used. Leave aside.
- CARROT CAKE - Put pineapple in the food processor and cut it. Drain it well. Set aside. Grate carrots into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and set aside.
- In separate large bowl mix, using an electric mixer at medium speed, eggs and sugar until it becomes light and creamy. It should take around 2 minutes. Add oil and mix for one more minute. Add pineapple and carrots and mix some more, slowly adding dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Finally, add chopped pecans and stir.
- Spread evenly in three, already prepared baking pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Allow the cakes to cool completely before putting the frosting.
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - Mix butter and powdered sugar in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at a medium speed, until it becomes light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla and mix some more, until well combined.
- ASSEMBLE - Cut and realign all three layers of the cake, using a big serrated knife. Place one layer on the cake stand. Spread ¼ of the frosting on the first layer, evenly. Place the second layer on top and cover it with another ¼ of the frosting. Finally, place the third layer and spread the frosting evenly on the top and the sides of the cake. Decorate with pecans.
Make sure to drain well pineapple, so that the cake turns out OK.
Keep it in the fridge no longer than 4 days.