Valentine’s Sugar Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting are a perfect choice if you wish to make your Valentine’s Day sweeter and surprise your loved ones ♥
These crunchy funfetti sugar cookies with vanilla butter cream frosting are the right combination to make the best sugar cookies for this special day. Do you like sugar cookies? I love them.
They are so easy and quick to prepare and their taste is fantastic. You will need only the basic ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge to prepare them.
Valentine‘s Sugar Cookies With Vanilla Buttercream Frosting are made with cornstarch that provides fine texture. I also added some funfetti and butter cream frosting. It is the perfect combination for me. You can color Vanilla Butter cream frosting, as well as the cookies, anyway you want.
Play, be creative and make your perfect combination. I chose to color one half of the frosting with a few drops of red and get my favorite shade of pink, while the other half was white. Valentine‘s Day is coming and I am sure you are thinking about how to spend it, what to prepare and how to surprise your sweetheart
Valentine’s Sugar Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is just what you are looking for. If you are still thinking, here are some more suggestions: Valentine’s Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies that melt in your mouth or Valentine’s Raspberry Chocolate Truffles – a perfect combination of raspberry and chocolate.
So, let ‘get started and make these amazing cookies a couple of days earlier and store them in a well sealed container at a room temperature. I wish you all lots of love and try to make every single day as special as Valentine‘s Day for your loved ones. Enjoy!
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- TO PREPARE COOKIES:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium dish combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large dish beat butter and sugar, with an electric mixer, using medium speed, until light and fluffy, for about 2 minutes.
- Add an egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add dry ingredients and beat until you get the dough. It will be crumbly. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Knead the dough and shape into a ball. Put some flour on the surface and roll the dough until ¼ inch thick.
- Cut it with cookie cutter and place in the baking sheets. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave for a couple of minutes in the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- TO PREPARE VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer, at medium speed, for about 1.5 - 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar - ⅔ cup at a time. Add vanilla and heavy whipping cream and beat until well combined.
- Add pink or red food color, one drop at a time, until you get shades of green. I used 3-4 drops of red.
- Decorate the cookies with butter cream frosting and sprinkles.