Oreo Cheesecake Cookies – these delicious cookies made with cream cheese and Oreo, that are so easy to make will complete your Christmas cookies board. These incredible cookies melt in your mouth, while Oreo makes them crunchy at the same time.
They are very simple, but tasty. Their base is made of cream cheese, butter, eggs, vanilla, powdered sugar, flour and cornstarch. The dough is filled with crumbled Oreo cookies, while cornstarch makes them soft. The dough is soft and sticky and the cookies melt in your mouth.
You can´t go wrong with Oreo cheesecake cookies – they are quick and easy to prepare and you will love the way they taste, I´m sure. Cookie season has begun and I´m very excited about it, because I like preparing them. There are many recipes on our blog, but I would recommend Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies. Since I´ve got so many positive comments about them I´ve decided to try something similar, yet different. Cheesecake Oreo Cookies are just that.
What do you need to prepare Oreo Cheesecake Cookies?
- Oreo cookies, I used regular Oreo cookies, not double stuffed.
- Cream cheese – I recommend using full fat cream cheese, softened at the room temperature.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter, softened at a room temperature.
- Egg – at room temperature, too.
- Vanilla extract
- Flour – I used all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cornstarch – added for extra softness
- Sugar – I used powdered sugar
How to prepare Oreo Cheesecake Cookies?
First, you need to crush Oreo cookies, by putting them in a plastic zip bag and then crush them with a solid object, like rolling pin. Next, combine dry ingredients (flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, salt, baking powder). Meanwhile, in a separate dish, mix wet ingredients – mix cream cheese and butter, first, until it´s smooth, then add egg and vanilla and beat until it´s combined. Next, add dry ingredients and beat until it´s combined and fold in crushed Oreos. The dough will be soft and sticky. Cover it with a plastic foliage and chill in the fridge for 45 min – 1 hour.
Meanwhile, prepare baking sheet and line it with a parchment paper, then preheat the oven to 375 F. Take the dough out of the fridge and spoon cookies into the already prepared baking sheet, 1.5 inches apart. If you want more intense flavor, put some crumbled Oreo cookies on top. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges become golden brown, then take them out of the oven and leave in the baking sheet for a few minutes to cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies can stay fresh and soft for a few days. Keep them in an airtight container, at a room temperature for 4-5 days, or refrigerated up to 2 months.
THIS WAS JUST A SHORT VERSION OF THE RECIPE AND THE DETAILED INSTRUCTION, ALONG WITH ALL THE NECESSARY INGREDIENT, CAN BE FOUND IN A RECIPE CARD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST.
Tips and tricks:
- Try not to over beat the dough. Beat it until dough is just combined.
- Chill the dough. By chilling it, you prevent the cookies to expand during baking and you get thicker and harder cookies.
- Bake 1 batch at time.
- Try not to over bake the cookies, because they will lose their softness that way. Bake them only until the edges become golden brown.
If you are a fan of cheesecake cookies, check out CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE COOKIES. I am so excited about the cookies season, because I like to bake them and some of my favorite recipes can be found here COOKIES. Cookies with Oreo taste sound incredible and they really are. Bake Oreo Cheesecake Cookies and enjoy their magical taste with a glass of milk, cup of tea or coffee!
- 10 Oreo cookies, roughly crushed - I used regular Oreo cookies, not double stuffed.
- 4 oz Cream cheese – I recommend using full fat cream cheese, softened at the room temperature.
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter, softened at a room temperature.
- 1 large egg – at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 tablespoon Cornstarch – added for extra softnesnes
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Start by crushing Oreo cookies - put them in a plastic zip bag and crush with rolling pin, or some other solid object.
- Next, combine dry ingredients (flour, powdered sugar, cornstarch, salt, baking powder) in a medium dish.
- Meanwhile, in a separate dish, mix wet ingredients - mix cream cheese and butter first, until it´s smooth, then add egg and vanilla and beat until it´s combined.
- Next, add dry ingredients and beat until it´s combined and fold in crushed Oreos. The dough will be very soft and sticky. Cover it with a plastic foliage and chill in the fridge for 45 min-1h.
- Meanwhile, prepare baking sheet and line it with a parchment paper, them preheat the oven to 375 F. Take the dough out of the fridge and spoon cookies into already prepared baking sheet 1.5 inches apart. You can correct the shape of cookies with your hand, if necessary.
- If you want more intense flavor, put some crushed Oreo cookies on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remaining cookies are kept in an airtight container at a room temperature for 4-5 days, or refrigerated up to 2 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g