Holiday Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies… Christmas, New Year, Santa Claus, Christmas Tree, Cookies… everything is about holidays these days.
I am super excited and I can‘t wait to spend the holidays with my family. We have already started preparing and, as you know, I especially enjoy making Christmas cookies.
My son is my little helper and the two of us make a winning combination in the kitchen. We have decided to make a little surprise for my husband and prepare his favorite shortbread cookies. They are so easy to make and yet so special.
There are many different ways to prepare and decorate them, and you can also make various shapes. I chose Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies because they look classy with the Maraschino cherry in the middle.
You can find here delicious Christmas Desserts ➡️
Check out some of most popular HOLIDAY COOKIES ➡️
They are so simple, but make great impression. I made the dough and my son helped me make balls. He loved putting Maraschino cherries in the middle and felt so happy and proud. The result can be seen in the photos.
When my husband came home from work that day, there was a surprise waiting for him on the table. His smile was worth thousands of words.
We spent that afternoon together, enjoying Maraschino Cherry Shortbread cookies. So, I am sure there will be a special place for them on your Christmas table, as well.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2½ tbsp cornstarch
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter - softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 27 Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put parchment paper in the baking pan and leave aside.
- In a medium sized dish combine flour and corn starch. Leave aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar using electric hand mixer at medium speed, until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and pinch of salt and mix some more.
- Add flour and corn starch. Mix at a lower speed for a few minutes to get a fine dough.
- Make balls of about 1 inch. Place them in the baking pan. Space cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Finally, place Maraschino cherry on the top of each ball of dough and press with finger until ⅔ of the cherry is inside the ball. Bake for 10/12 minutes.
- Wait for them to cool down and enjoy.