Easter Shortbread Cookies – perfect Easter cookies that simply melt in your mouth… Decorated especially for Easter, they will make this holiday more festive ♦
Time passes so quickly, it seems like yesterday when I was preparing Christmas treats and now Easter is coming. We are all looking forward to it. My son especially likes eggs painting, my husband enjoys family time and I enjoy preparing and decorating Easter cookies. Our favorite treat is Easter Shortbread Cookies.
Easter Shortbread Cookies are so easy to make. You need a few ingredients, a little free time and of course, good spirits to make these delicious cookies.
Easter Shortbread Cookies melt in your mouth. They are so easy and yet so effective. They are made with chocolate and that makes my son very happy. He loves these cookies, especially Easter candy eggs on them.
Check out the most popular recipes on our blog – No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake and Easy No Bake Oreo Mint Cheesecake. Enjoy the holiday with your family with these amazing cookies. Happy Easter ♥
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 1.75 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- chocolate sprinkles
- Easter candy eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large dish, mix softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed, until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add salt, all purpose flour and cornstarch and mix some more until well combined.
- Make 1, 5 inch balls and put them in the baking sheet. The balls should be around 2 inches apart.
- Put them in the oven and after 8 minutes take them out and make small dents in the cookies, using solid, round object ( I used ½ tablespoon as a measure), so that they look like nests.
- Be quick and return the cookies in the oven. Bake for 4-6 more minutes.
- Leave them to cool in the baking sheet and then move to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with heavy cream and oil. Stir well.
- Pour melted chocolate into each cookie dent, filling around 1/3 tablespoon.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and Easter candy eggs.
Keep them at a room temperature, for 3-4 days in a well sealed container