Holidays are coming.. Are you looking forward to them, as much as I do? I love holidays, it‘s the time for families to be together, the time of peace and serenity. Holiday cookies are on the menu these days, so after currently most popular recipe on our blog 🙂 – Holiday Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies I`ve decides to make this delicious Cranberry Frosted Soft Sugar Cookies recipe.
There is a special atmosphere in my home; everyone is having a great time, especially kids. Were you good this year? Santa is preparing presents and you can prepare delicious cookies for your family. Let that be one of the Christmas presents.
They are perfectly soft, they melt in your mouth and they are covered with sugar frosting and cranberries. Yummy that sounds delicious. I am sure your family will love this present. Combination of sweet cookies and sour cranberries is just perfect.
My family love these cookies, that‘s why they are on our Christmas menu every year. It has become a tradition, because good things should not be changed. These cookies are delicious, unbelievably soft and they smell fantastic… I wish you all happy holidays. Enjoy. Give love. Be loved.
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- COOKIES - Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a medium sized dish. Set aside.
- Put butter and sugar in a large dish. Mix it with electric mixer on lower speed for about a minute.
- Add an egg and mix some more, until well combined.
- Add Greek yogurt and vanilla and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Combine it well with dry ingredients. Leave it for 1h to rest.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking pan with parchment paper. Put pieces of dough in the pan, using spoon and arrange them to leave 1 to 2 inches of space between them. Bake for 8-10 min, until the edges become brown. Let them cool on wire rack.
- FROSTING - Combine powdered sugar, whipping cream and vanilla extract in a medium sized dish. Mix well until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Put frosting on top of completely cool cookies by spreading ½ a spoon of frosting on ½ of a cookie.
- Decorate with chopped cranberries right away, while frosting is still soft.