Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies – lemon and blueberry combination make these cookies irresistible. They are simple, quick and easy to make. My husband loves them ♥
Summer is nearly here, it is slowly entering our homes, especially kitchens where we prepare light, delicious, summer meals and desserts. Markets and supermarkets offer a variety of fresh, delicious summer fruit, blueberries, as well.
They are very healthy, especially eaten fresh. You can put them in various treats, too. I like to eat them all year long and you can always find some frozen blueberries in my freezer. Warm and sunny summer days invite us to spend more time outside, in the countryside 🙂
Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies can be a part of your picnic basket and you can enjoy it while relaxing somewhere outdoors. Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Cookies can be easily made for breakfast, snack or a dessert. Lemon and blueberry combination is fantastic and these cookies are perfect for all those who like this combination.
Whenever I want to surprise my husband I prepare this treat, because he loves it. My love for cookies has started with Holiday Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies, continued with Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies and Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chip and Pecans.
This time, I ‘vet decided to share this recipe with you. I‘m sure you‘ll love it. Use fresh blueberries to make these light, quick and easy to make cookies and enjoy their unique taste. Happy baking ♥
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1//3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a medium dish combine flour, baking powder and corn starch. Leave aside.
- In a large dish mix butter and cream cheese, with an electric mixer, medium speed, for a minute.
- Add an egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, heavy cream and powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until you get fine dough. Gently fold in blueberries. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Roll it into balls. Roll each ball in the powdered sugar. There will be about 16 balls.
- Place them in the baking sheet, already prepared. They should be at least, 2 inches apart.
- Bake them for at least 15-17 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown.
- Take them out of the oven and leave in the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack, to cool completely.