Hot Chocolate Mini Cheesecake – you will love these delicious, fancy mini cheesecakes when you see them and especially when you taste them. Oreo crust, creamy hot chocolate cheesecake filling topped with whipped cream, chocolate flakes and mini marshmallows – it’s a perfect recipe for special occasions like Christmas and New Year´s Eve.
Have you ever tried Hot Chocolate Cheesecake? If you haven’t, now it’s your chance. Holidays are coming and we are all looking for perfect recipes, tasty and great looking, too. Hot Chocolate Mini Cheesecake has it all – it’s delicious and looks great.
This cheesecake is very easy to make, which is very important to me. You can choose how to decorate it, maybe the way you usually decorate your hot chocolate. There are many possibilities, so try to find the right one for you. All chocolate and hot chocolate fans will surely love these perfect mini cheesecakes that look like and even taste like hot chocolate.
What do you need to prepare Hot Chocolate Mini Cheesecake?
- Oreo crumbs
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Instant hot cocoa mix
- Granulated sugar
- Dark chocolate
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate flakes
- Mini marshmallows
How to prepare Hot Chocolate Mini Cheesecake?
First, you need to line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Then, combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter and divide the mixture between the cupcake liners and press. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, sugar and instant hot cocoa mix, then add eggs and mix until it´s combined. Spread the mixture over the Oreo layer and bake at 325 F for around 23-25 min.
Let the cakes cool at a room temperature and then you need to put them in the fridge for at least 4 hours. To make chocolate handles, start with melting chocolate. Then, line baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, spoon melted chocolate into piping bag and cut its top off. Make 12 chocolate handles on the parchment paper and let them cool in the fridge.
Meanwhile, beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. When they are ready, take the mini cheesecakes out of the fridge, remove paper liners and top them with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate flakes and mini marshmallows. Finally, place chocolate handles at the side.
This is just a short version of the recipe. A more detailed one, along with all the necessary ingredients can be found at the bottom of this post.
If you like mini cheesecakes, take a look at some popular recipes – CHOCOLATE MINI CHEESECAKE WITH OREO CRUST and CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MINI CHEESECAKE. Chocolate and chocolate dessert fans should definitely check – CHOCOLATE RECIPES… If you are still thinking about what to prepare for Christmas and New Year´s Eve, maybe we can help you.
You can take a look How to make Mini Cheesecakes with a full video from a famous blogger Little Sweet Baker >> MINI CHEESECAKES.
As time passes really quickly, the year ends pretty soon and Christmas and New Year are just round the corner. Be ready and enjoy the upcoming holidays. Make a pleasant surprise for your family and prepare them Hot Chocolate Mini Cheesecake. You will all definitely enjoy its taste, as well as its looks.
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 (1 Oz) envelopes of instant hot cocoa mix, classic flavored
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Chocolate flakes - optional
- Mini marshmallows - optional
- CHOCOLATE HANDLES:
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325 F, then line muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- TO MAKE OREO CRUST - combine Oreo crumbs with melted butter in a medium dish and divide the mixture between the cupcake liners and press. (You will need one spoon of mixture for each liner). Set it aside.
- To MAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING - Start by beating cream cheese, sugar and instant hot cocoa mix, at a medium speed in a large dish, until it becomes smooth. Then add eggs, one at a time and beat some more, until it´s combined. Do not over mix. Next, spread it over the Oreo layer and bake for about 23-25 min. When they are ready, take them out of the oven and cool at a room temperature first, then in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE HANDLES - melt chocolate following the instructions given on the package, first. Then line baking sheet with parchment paper and then spoon chocolate into piping bag. (Make sure to cut its top off, first). Make 12 chocolate handles on the parchment paper. Be careful to match their size to the size of the cheesecakes. Put them in the fridge to cool.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING - beat heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- When they are ready, take the mini cheesecakes out of the fridge, remove paper liners and top them with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate flakes and mini marshmallows.
- Finally, place gently chocolate handles at the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g