Preacher Cake – easy, super tasty cake with rich, tropical taste topped with whipped cream cheese frosting, chopped walnuts and coconut chips. This harmony of flavors is made for true pleasure. Pineapple, coconut and walnut combination in this cake is perfect and gives it a special taste.
Preacher Cake is easy to prepare, quickly to eat and everyone likes it. This light and moist cake can be made for family parties, holidays and whenever you wish to impress your guests with a delicious dessert.
Preacher cake is a cake rich in taste. Whipped cream cheese frosting together with its taste makes the perfect combination. Everyone in my family really likes Preacher Cake and we often enjoy in its incredible taste.
What do you need to prepare Preacher Cake?
- Cake flour
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Flaked coconut
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
How to prepare Preacher Cake?
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine cake flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat eggs with sugar at a medium speed, add oil and vanilla and beat some more, until creamy. Slowly add dry ingredients and beat, at lower speed until combined. The mixture will be really sticky. Fold in pineapple, walnuts and coconuts and mix until well combined. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan and bake for 45-50 min or until the toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it. Cool at a room temperature for 20 minutes, then transfer to a fridge to cool completely.
Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add heavy cream and beat until combined. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time and beat until smooth. Spread frosting over the cooled cake. Decorate it with chopped walnuts and coconut chips.
You can get the idea how this cake is prepared, by reading the instructions, but as for the smells… you´ll have to check it yourselves. Here are some more CAKE recipes for all Cake fans. If you like to try new things and tastes, I suggest you visit our DESSERTS page and you will surely find something for yourself.
Make the best of your summer days and enjoy the taste of Preacher Cake.
- 3 cups Cake flour
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 20 oz can Crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup Flaked coconut
- 6 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup Coconut chips
- TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium dish combine cake flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large dish, beat the eggs with sugar, at medium-high speed, then add oil and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- Lower the speed and slowly add dry ingredients. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Add pineapple, walnuts and coconut and beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and bake for 45-55 min or until the toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it.
- Cool at a room temperature for about 20 minutes, then transfer to the fridge to cool completely.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
- In a large dish beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add heavy cream and beat until combined.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time and beat until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
- Decorate with chopped walnuts and coconut chips.
Keep refrigerated up to 7 days.