French Breakfast Puffs – these soft vanilla muffins, dipped into butter and coated with sugar and cinnamon are quick and delicious – in a word perfect breakfast. They’re great choice for Christmas breakfast or brunch , too. At weekends, I love making tasty breakfast for my family, especially French Breakfast Puffs, because my son loves them.
My husband and I also like these simple, tasty muffins, so we often enjoy their magical taste together. Their taste is similar to that of doughnut holes, but there is a huge difference – French Breakfast Puffs are not fried, but baked in a muffin tin. Their vanilla flavor combined with nutmeg, along with sugar and cinnamon topping is what makes these muffins unique. French Breakfast Puffs can be served as brunch treat with a cup of milk, coffee or tea.
You will need only a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen to prepare French Breakfast Puffs:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground nutmeg
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
How to prepare French Breakfast Puffs?
Start by combining flour, baking powder, salt and ground nutmeg, while beating butter and eggs until they become light and fluffy in a separate dish. Then add an egg and vanilla and beat until they are combined. Continue beating, adding the flour mixture and milk alternately until you use up all the ingredients and until it´s well combined.
Divide the batter into 10 muffin cups in a muffin tin that has already been sprayed with non stick spray and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until the toothpick put in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it.
Leave muffins to cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin, then dip each muffin in melted butter first, and then roll them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, until they´re fully coated. Your breakfast or brunch will be ready in no time.
This is a short version of the French Breakfast Puffs recipe. You can find more detailed one, with all the necessary ingredients and their quantities, in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
If you are looking for more breakfast ideas, take a look at BREAKFAST RECIPES. Weekend is coming… have you thought of how to surprise your family with delicious breakfast? Yo can also try with this delicious BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS. Prepare French Breakfast Puffs and enjoy their magical taste with your loved ones.
- 1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoon Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated butter
- 1 Egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 cupGranulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium dish, combine flour, baking powder, salt and ground nutmeg.
- Beat butter and sugar in a larger dish, until the mixture is light and fluffy, then add an egg and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Continue beating, adding the flour mixture and milk alternately until you use up all the ingredients and until it´s well combined.
- After that, divide batter among 10 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick put in the middle comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by melting 6 teaspoons of butter, while combining sugar and cinnamon in a small dish.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and leave them to cool for a few minutes, then dip each muffin into melted butter and then roll them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture, until they´re fully coated.
- An option is to dip only top of muffin into the melted butter and sugar cinnamon mixture. In that case, cut the quantity of topping ingredients in half.
- Their taste is similar to that of doughnut holes, but there is a huge difference - French Breakfast Puffs are not fried, but baked in a muffin tin.
- French Breakfast Puffs can be served as brunch treat with a cup of milk, coffee or tea.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g