Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Cups – made with Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls, filled with homemade apple pie filling, baked in a muffin tin are very delicious and quick and easy to prepare. They can be perfect for breakfast, brunch or as a dessert. It´s a right recipe at a right time – ideal for apple season. I love apples, especially desserts made with them. Apple cinnamon combination is one of my favorites.
Which ingredients are necessary to make Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Cups?
- Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Unsalted butter
- Apples (I used Golden Delicious, but if you prefer sour apples, I suggest Granny Smith)
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- Fresh lemon juice
How to prepare Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Cups?
More detailed instructions with necessary ingredients and their quantity can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Always use regular size cinnamon roll for standard size muffin tin.
- 1 can (13 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 3 medium Golden delicious apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- TO MAKE HOMEMADE APPLE PIE FILLING - Start with melting butter in a skillet, at medium-high heat. Next, add peeled and diced apples and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Next, add sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir well and cook until apples are soft, stirring from time to time, for about 5 minutes. When the apples are cooked, stir in lemon and cook for one more minute. Remove from heat.
- TO MAKE THE CINNAMON ROLL CUPS - Spray 8 cups in a muffin tin with non stick spray. Take 8 cinnamon rolls and roll them with a rolling pin and then press into muffin cups, so that the bottom and the sides of it are covered.
- Put apple pie mixture in the muffin cups over cinnamon rolls and bake for 12-15 minutes until they get golden brown. Take them out of the oven, and leave in a muffin tin for a few minutes. Take them out of muffin tin carefully and put on a cooling wrack.
- Transfer icing to a small microwavable bowl. Microwave 8 to 10 seconds. Then, drizzle icing over the cups.
- Serve them warm, or at a room temperature.
- Always use regular size cinnamon roll for standard size muffin tin.
- I prefer homemade apple pie filling with Apple Pie cinnamon Roll Cups, but you can also use a 1/2 (20 oz.) canned apple pie filling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g