Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars – this is one of those recipes that are very easy to prepare, they’re delicious and you need only a few simple ingredients to enjoy its taste. It consists of a crunchy oatmeal layer, juicy blueberry filling and oatmeal crumble topping that make a perfect match.
I love Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. They are great for breakfast or as a snack, even as a summer dessert during fresh blueberry season. However, you can prepare it throughout the year, using frozen blueberries.
What is necessary to prepare Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars?
- Salted butter
- All purpose flour
- Rolled oats
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
As you can see: 9 ingredients + 1 hour of your time = Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. It takes 10 minutes to prepare them and 45-50 minutes to bake them.
How to prepare Easy Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars?
You start by combining all purpose flour, rolled oats, granulated sugar and light brown sugar. Then, add melted butter and stir to combine. The mixture will be sandy with crumble pieces. You should set aside 1 cup of the mixture that will be used as a crumble topping in the end. The rest of the mixture should be pressed on the bottom of an 8 inch square pan, which has already been lined with parchment paper.
Meanwhile, combine blueberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch and then spread it over the base layer and sprinkle 1 cup of oatmeal crumble mixture over it. Then, bake at 350 f for 45 minutes or until the crumble topping becomes golden. After taking it out of the oven, leave it in the baking pan for 20 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. As you can see, this dessert is very easy to prepare and you don´t need to use an electric mixer.
WELL, THIS WAS JUST A SHORT VERSION OF THE RECIPE THAT YOU CAN FIND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST, ALONG WITH THE QUANTITIES OF THE NECESSARY INGREDIENTS.
If you like blueberries, check out the most popular recipes on our “blueberry” blog Blueberry Cheesecake Tacos and Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas. If you are looking for more bars and brownies ideas, take a look at BARS AND BROWNIES.
Since I love quick and easy recipes, Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars are often on our menu. What I especially like about it is the combination of a crunchy layer and a fresh blueberry filling. I suggest you make the best of the fresh blueberry season, prepare this delicious bars and enjoy their incredible taste.
- CRUST AND CRUMBLE TOPPING
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Salted butter, melted
- BLUEBERRY FILLING
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- TO PREPARE A BOTTOM LAYER AND A CRUMBLE TOPPING -Start by preheating the oven to 350 F. Then, line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next, combine all purpose flour, rolled oats, granulated sugar and light brown sugar in a large dish. Then, add melted butter and stir to combine. You will get a sandy mixture with crumble pieces. You should set aside 1 cup of the mixture that will be used as a crumble topping in the end. The rest of the mixture should be pressed on the bottom of the pan that has already been prepared.
- TO PREPARE BLUEBERRY FILLING - start by combining blueberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and cornstarch in a medium dish.
- Now, spread the mixture over the bottom layer and sprinkle 1 cup of oatmeal crumble mixture. It should be baked for 45 minutes or until crumble topping becomes golden.
- After taking it out of the oven, leave it in the baking pan for 20 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at a room temperature.
Frozen blueberries can also be used, but in that case, baking will be 10 minutes longer.
Keep the dessert refrigerated, in a well-sealed container up to five days, or frozen- no longer than 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g