Hello everybody! Today on the menu is a healthy food – Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad recipe rich with apples and cheese. A delightful blend of different flavors in one bowl.
This salad is enriched with nuts and seeds which makes it a true vitamin bomb. Enjoy its unusual and interesting taste and after the meal you will feel better and you`ll get an extra energy. It is because fresh spinach is rich in iron.
After our most popular salad recipes Strawberry Spinach Almond Salad I decided to make a fall version – Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad. This is a great way to enrich your table at this time of year and to enjoy healthy and tasty food.
Mandarin orange, poppy and chia seeds dressing gives it a special taste. You can play with the ingredients and make different combinations. I decided to try this one, but expect some more combinations coming from me, soon. It can be served as a side dish, or a complete meal.
Refreshing Cranberry Pecan Spinach Salad so tasty and delicious. Healthy food, perfect for these cold and rainy days. A picture is worth a thousand words 🙂
- 2 ounces Arugula
- 4 ounces fresh Baby spinach
- ½ cup dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Pecans
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Pear
- ⅓ cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 tsp poppy seed
- 2 tsp chia seed
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Paprika
- Pinch of black pepper
- Step 1 MAKE THE DRESSING: Squeeze two mandarin oranges and pour the juice into a medium dish. Add extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds and chia seeds. Then add a pinch of salt, paprika and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Step 2 MAKE THE SALAD: Slice both an apple and a pear. Put spinach and arugula, sliced apple and pear, pecans and cranberries.
- Step 3 Put the dressing over the salad and mix well. Put crumbled feta cheese over it.