The end of summer is near. Some people are sad about it, while others are looking forward to it. Colder days and rain can spoil your mood. However, every season has its charms. Fall is a time of the year when we enjoy beautiful dishes … Delicious Caramel Apple Chimichangas dessert is one of them.
Apples are smiling at us from the baskets in supermarkets… there are so many wonderful dishes that you can make with them. This is one of the most beautiful recipes I have ever made.
To tell you the truth, my family and I were thrilled when we tried it for the first time. We enjoyed every bite of it, the beautiful taste and smells… It was one of those moments of silence, just enjoying the magic of fall.
If you still haven‘t tried any sweet chimichangas, try these, I‘m sure you‘ll love them. Chimichangas are best to be served and eaten the same day. Enjoy 🙂
- APPLE PIE FILLING::
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into cubes (I used Granny Smith)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 small flour tortillas
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 4-5 tsp Caramel Sauce
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- Peel the apples, cut them into cubes and set aside.
- Pour the water, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cornstarch in a saucepan and stir. Put on medium heat to cook for a few minutes (about 3 min), stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture thickens, add the apples and cook for about 10 minutes until apples are soft . Remove from heat to cool for a few minutes.
- On each tortilla, put 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce and spread in the middle of tortillas. Put the apple filling over caramel sauce. Close tortilla on both sides and roll it in chimichanga.
- Consolidate with a toothpick and fry briefly in hot oil. Rotate chimichanga on all sides to golden brown. Put on a towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Then roll the warm chimichanga in sugar and cinnamon mix and pour over the caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple Chimichangas