Valentine‘s Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies.. Heart – shaped cookies for all of you who are in love. If you love Valentine‘s Day and plan to make a surprise for your loved one – I give you these fantastic cookies 💓
Shortbread hearts with Maraschino cherry and white chocolate simply melt in your mouth. They are easy to make and yet so effective that they will make your Valentine‘s Day memorable. The shape of heart and red Maraschino cherry as symbols of love are great Valentine‘s combination. Prepare them a day earlier, they are more delicious that way. Check out the rest of our Valentine‘s recipes – Valentine‘s Raspberry Chocolate Truffles, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecake and No Bake Layered Chocolate Mini Cheesecake.
Make your Valentine‘s Day a day to enjoy with your loved one. Valentine‘s Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Hearts are perfect homemade gift and that‘s something money can‘t buy. So, take some time and show your loved one how much you care. Let your every day be Valentine‘s Day. Enjoy love 🙂
- 20-22 Maraschino Cherry
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup + 1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ounces White Chocolate
- few drops oil
- In a medium sized dish combine flour, powdered sugar, corn starch and salt.
- Add softened butter and lemon juice and mix using electric hand mixer for 3-4 minutes, at minimum speed, and for one minute at medium speed.
- Knead the dough with your hands and shape it as a ball. Wrap it in a plastic foil and let it chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven at 300 F. Take the dough out of the fridge and knead some more to soften. Shape it as a ball and roll to get 0.25 inch thickness.
- Cut the dough using heart - shaped cookie cutters (2 - 2.25 inch). Place them in the parchment lined baking pan.
- Put Maraschino cherry in the middle of each cookie and press a bit. The spacing between the cookies should be minimum 1.5 inch. Bake for 15 min.
- Leave them in a baking pan for a couple of minutes and then put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate according to the instructions given on the package and add a few drops of oil.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate over the cooled cookies.
- Prepare the cookies one day earlier, for better melt in your mouth taste.