Strawberry Shortcake Cookies delicious strawberry cookies, so quick and easy to make. Great for the beginning of the day, for a snack, with a cup of tea and time with your friends ♥
Hello to all strawberry fans. Are you enjoying spring? It is the most beautiful season, for me. Everything in nature is waking up from long winter sleep. Sun rays give us energy and make us feel better. What make spring special are strawberries. Make the best of strawberry season and make these delicious cookies. Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are simple and delicious.
As you know, I am a strawberry fan and I really enjoy preparing all kinds of strawberry desserts, like Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake and Easy Strawberry Banana Fluff Salad. Strawberries are delicious and rich in vitamins and perfect for preparing various treats, like No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake. And, now – a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cookies. These are not too sweet and full of strawberries. Kids love them 💝
I enjoy making cookies and Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are often made during the strawberry season. I‘ve never tried them with frozen strawberries, I‘ve always used fresh. Strawberries, strawberries and more strawberries…
You just can‘t get enough of them. Enjoy this spring. Spend it with the people you love. Enjoy things you like. Enjoy making and consuming Strawberry Shortcake Cookies 🙂
- 2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp cold butter, cut into piece
- Preheat oven on 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put chopped strawberries in the dish. Cover with 2 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice and stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter and using pastry cutter, cut butter in the flour mixture until you get crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium dish mix cream cheese, egg, heavy cream and vanilla until it become creamy.
- Add it to the flour and butter mixture, stirring with spatula until well combined.
- Drain strawberries, add them to the dough and mix carefully.
- Using an ice cream scoop, take the dough and place it in the baking sheets, so that they are at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the edges are brown.
- Take them out of the oven and leave in a pan for a few minutes to cool. Place them on the wire rack to cool completely.