Yummy cookies, perfect for the start of the day, a snack or when you crave for something sweet – Carrot Oatmeal Cookies, so tasty and delicious ♥
My family and I love them, especially my husband. He simply adores Carrot Oatmeal Cookies, mostly because they are not too sweet. If you prefer sweeter treats, add some sugar.
Check out the most popular cookies on our blog – Easter Shortbread Cookies and Valentine‘s Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Cookies Carrot combines well with both sweet and salty dishes. It is a well known fact that it is very healthy. I added some pecans, as well, because they are healthy and make cookies crunchy.
There is, also, oats and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. It is a great combination for a great start of the day. Serve them with a glass of milk, or a cup of tea, or with nothing at all- my favorite.
I love the smell of these cookies while being baked; my home is filled with the combination of wonderful smells, then. I put them in my favorite cookie box and it soon gets empty…
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup quick oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup finally grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, quick oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In separate large bowl, mix butter and brown sugar, with an electric mixer on medium speed, until it is light and fluffy. Add an egg and vanilla extract and mix some more.
- Then, add carrots and chopped pecans and continue to mix slowly adding dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Leave in fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and make balls using your hands (20-22 balls).
- Place the balls in the baking sheets, already prepared. Space between the balls should be 1.5 inch. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let cool for a while, in the baking sheets, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
If you prefer sweeter desserts, add a ¼ cup of sugar.